Here is a list of frequently asked questions at Bayview Rehabilitation.
Of course if you do not find the answer you are looking for here, you can always give us a call at :
416-222-7401 or Contact Us by email anytime.
We value your patronage and will respond to your inquiry in a timely manner.
Physiotherapy is a primary care profession dedicated to improving the quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall wellness.
- Preventing disease, injury and disability.
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations and participation restrictions.
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance.
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions.
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline.
Physiotherapy treatment involves:
- Education, consultation, health promotion and prevention services.
- Personalized therapeutic exercise including testing and conditioning.
- Soft tissue and manual therapy techniques including massage, spinal and peripheral joint mobilization and manipulation.
- Physical, electrotherapeutic and mechanical agents and acupuncture.
- Functional and/or sport-specific exercises.
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training.
- Prescription and application of assistive, adaptive, supportive and protective devices and equipment.
Physiotherapists who are trained in acupuncture can incorporate it into their treatment sessions in order to achieve optimal outcomes. Acupuncture is used to:
- Decrease pain
- Improve circulation
- Decrease inflammation
- Promote tissue healing and regeneration
Yes, you are able to receive physiotherapy care at any clinic of your choosing.
You may be eligible for OHIP-funded physiotherapy services if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Over the age of 65 or younger than 19.
- Any age if discharged from a hospital after an overnight stay for a condition requiring physiotherapy; or,
- A recipient of Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program.
If you meet any one of the following criteria you will be eligible for OHIP funded physiotherapy services. Please ensure you provide us with a physician referral (including their OHIP billing number) in order to access these services.
The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care runs the ADP program to help those who have long-term physical disabilities get the needed mobility aids they require. In most cases, ADP covers 75% of the cost of an approved device. For more information on the ADP program please click here www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/adp/publications/mobility.aspx.